Monday, October 18, 2010

My adventures in crocheting...

Ok this is a short one, I found I was running out of dishrags in the kitchen and being on the poor side decided my best action was to crochet some new ones out of all the #10 thread I got from the thrift shop. I started one with some of that #3 size i used on my finger tatting and then found a cool idea for using two colors of #10 to make one. So i set the first a aside and started on the second one. Here is the finished product:
I am not sure if the trapezoid shape is due to bad tension or dropped stitches, but either one is possible at this point. In fact, after I finished this one, I went back to the other one and ripped it out and started over again because I definitely dropped some stitches on that one and had a very pronounced trapezoid. Also, I used a single strand of a bigger thread to do that one and found it to be softer - soft enough to perhaps be a face cloth  instead of a dish rag. Maybe I should put a simple edge on it just for fun...
LOL, just noticed the cat hair in this one, its a fact of life here so you will probably see lots of it in my pictures. Anyway, what do you think? A tatted edge on this one? Maybe in a #10 thread? If any of my tatting friends know a simple patter that would work with this please feel free to share. It would save me the time of designing one myself, which, being as i am a novice, would be quite an undertaking at this point.

Please feel free to comment on any of my posts, I am always open to new ideas and suggestions as well as constructive criticism....

No comments:

Post a Comment